Tuesday, March 26, 2013

People to meet in the next 10yrs

So as I have started to read the books on interaction design, I realized that not just the field is new with little theory to back it, but also the people who have contributed are few. So I am making a list of people whom I wish to meet someday:
M P Ranjan
Donald Norman
Jon Kolko
Hartmut Esslinger
Erik stolterman
Anthony Dunne and Fiona Raby
Christopher Alexander

Bill Buxton



The list is not exhaustive, and as i read more I hope to add more people to this list.

The first person I have met so far is M P Ranjan. He happened to do a workshop with the Transcultural Design students on design thinking.

I think the biggest challenge for an interaction designer lies in the fact that it is not one but a combinition of many. 
From: blog.ux-india.org

Transversing multiple domains is not possible here. So the answer lies in working with multiple skill-set of people. But the difficulty lies in contextualising the problems and translating among the diverse set of designers/collaborators in an effective manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment