Monday, September 10, 2012

New beginnings -24th July'12

Bangalore has been a new lease of life. It is a mix of great weather, living alone, new people and a brand new environment of Srishti.

Last week was our first class on artistic research. I will share my experiences with her in the next post. Plus we had the seminar with sound artist Rune Sochting and finally started to work on Mine the City with Kumkum.
Coming to introspect my first week here. Overall it has been pretty hectic. I am picking up new stuff, learning to more persistent, all that and yet trying to keep that enthusiastic face.

Coming to Srishti, things have been pretty hectic. We initially had an array of courses and projects to choose from but later it dawned that our scheduled has already been pre-defined. Not good news for starter. Then started few more rounds of discussions and negotiations for a particular project I loved, called ‘Mine the City’. To briefly explain it, it’s our explorations and engagements with at different level. For the first immersion, I chose Basavanagudi, South of Bangalore. I am pretty excited to see how it will unfold. So I have my fingers crossed for now. But with all these happening I also need to be extremely pro-active and criss-cross many projects simultaneously. And multitasking is not something I have excelled at.

Coming to the point of negotiation, I think I have come to a point where the awareness of oneself and the need to lead is imminent. Realizing how much I am putting into my studies currently mentally, emotionally, physically and financially, I feel it’s a good to have a certain idea on what I intend to do. But the challenge remains in letting ourselves be flexible as well. The process of filtration is possibly the toughest thing to do. It broadly revolves around introspection, dedication and rectification on a regular basis. And all these require the courage to face up to all the mistakes one makes in the process. It’s akin to walking on a thin thread of rope and trying to keep your calm throughout. But then to look at it the other way it’s time we learn to face our own demons and experiment without letting the fear in. After all life is all about learning.
 
With so much happening I am pretty excited to see how life unfolds in the next two years. Making new friends, doing stuff as I wanted to, learning to challenge myself and achieving small and significant goals- all are part of this new experience. So as I doze off, I hope to have my faith intact and face the challenges for tomorrow, and I hope to gain something as the journey unfolds.

No comments:

Post a Comment