Monday, September 10, 2012

Workshop activities -27th August'12

The excitement of being in a place and being occupied by so many things are still exciting but I but I rue the fact that I don’t get to paint these days.
Few days back I was actually contemplating the various steps I took before joining Srishti… from the years doing painting to the time I spent in travelling, and later working with the start-up… how much has life changed so far? Sometime back I was thinking on how life would be if the concept of failure is erased…how will we define success then? Will it even exist?
Anyways moving away from philosophy, I will share all the stuff that is going on in class. I will begin with few of the workshops I have attended. The first is the creativity workshop by Pandrang, we call him Pandy. Two days of fun, brainstorming and conversations. He is an advertisement guy, so our conversation veered from films, music, books to food…it was almost like someone waking up us from sleep. Among few of the stuff he shared, I liked the concept of a T-shaped learning. Yes! You heard it right. It means that like the horizontal bar of a T, you should learn about all kinds of stuff but like the vertical long line in T, you should know one thing well, very well. The discussion started with creativity, exercises to channelize it. I can’t talk for others, but I was rather surprised how inactive I have become. It helped me know where I am going in the Mine the City project.
The other project which is nearing completion is the Qualitative Research class. We are now left with getting everything together and make a final presentation at the school. After spending just one and a half months with this course, I feel that time has been a constrain. A course with more time and proper follow-up through regular feedback is more useful than just getting stuffed with new ideas. One needs an execution ground after a point.
Anyways the next and also the most exciting workshop is the one I had with Anna Fox. She is very vibrant and her works has a strong colour sense. What makes her particularly stand out is her interest in all the mundane stuff around her, her witty take and the power of story-telling through her photographs. I will be brief on this workshop right now. I will dedicate a separate post on her.
Other than meeting new people, attending workshops, right now I am anticipating the September workshop with John Matthew. There is always something new to learn and new to do. And though the lessons are short, it is the effective delivery of the modules that makes me happy. It is only after the day gets over, that you realize that what you take might be just the beginning to a new interest and they can be implemented on a much larger, with a bit more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment